Posted March 20, 2017 R-113949
You’re like magic. You transform empty spaces into settings; and after the event, you make them disappear. You’re happiest juggling at a fast-pace, with a passion to please that equals the need for getting it right. Your sharp eye for detail quickly spots when something’s amiss and when guests have need. A valued team member who smoothly handles the difficult and unexpected, you “get” that your contribution is vital to the event’s success. If you’re up for a challenging, physical role where your relationship skills can develop and shine, consider Interstate’s Banquet Set-Up position.
As Banquet Set-Up, you will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Do your part to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
120 South Los Angeles Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone (213) 629-1200
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
434 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown. Begin your stay at this inviting Los Angeles hotel with our delicious freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and allow our attentive staff to cater to your every need. Conveniently located off the 110, 101 and 5 freeways, this contemporary downtown Los Angeles hotel is ideally situated less than a mile from major attractions. Visit the Los Angeles Convention Center, discover the L.A. Live Attractions (Staples Center, Nokia Theatre, and Grammy Museum), and walk to iconic cultural attractions, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Relax in a spacious guest room or suite at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown. Each of our spacious guest rooms feature sophisticated Asian-fusion decor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as 42-inch HDTVs and high-speed internet access. Gaze at stunning skyline views from the large windows. Upgrade to a suite to enjoy extra space, including separate living and working areas and special upgraded amenities such as a full-size refrigerator and soothing whirlpool bath.
Celebrate a special event or host an important business meeting at this Los Angeles hotel with a host of flexible meeting rooms, ideal for small to large groups. The tranquil Kyoto Garden offers a unique venue for romantic weddings of any size. Corporate travelers will appreciate our fully equipped business center, offering a host of efficient equipment for your convenience.
- Complimentary Hilton HHonors Turn Down Service (Turn down bed, refresh room, small amenity)
- Overnight valet parking service includes vacuuming and windshield washing
- State-of-the-art War Room perfect for depositions, legal gatherings and meetings
- Stunning Kyoto Gardens rooftop wedding venue with amazing skyline views