Posted June 19, 2017 R-115404
The IT Business Lead (ITBL) is the primary liaison (Relationship Manager) between IT and the human resources and payroll departments. The ITBL has significant knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and human resources and payroll. He/she is responsible to understand the business, identify their needs and envisage business solutions.
The ITBL will manage or oversee the management of all IT projects (Project Manager), and will assist in the prioritization of projects; ensure that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment; and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
The ITBL is responsible and accountable for all business aspects (i.e. technical, operation, economical) of the requirements and analysis phase of a project (Business Analyst). They are also responsible for ensuring that the final deliverable of a project meets all of the intended needs of the business. They act as the primary resource in the requirements phase of a project, and the primary business representative in the design and development phases of the project.
This person will need to be able to understand SDLC models and what their specific activities are in delivering a solid set of Business Requirement artifacts, to understand the project standards, to develop and implement solid test plans and test cases / scenarios to accurately test all aspects of the system, and to maintain detailed and accurate documentation per project management standards.
- Develop, manage and lead various projects to include: creation and management of project plans, define and deliver project deliverables as a part of the overall program deliverables, manage the expectations of all stakeholders, manage all project relationships, manage project teams in delivering the projects, communicate and manage tasks and activities to a schedule with the team, and provide feedback to team members as appropriate.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, and development of business requirements documents capturing the business events, objects and processes of the project.
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design/project.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel as necessary, and perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in HCM products preferably Workday
- Expertise in Payroll, Time and Attendance, and labor scheduling preferably ADP
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, presentation skills and ability to communicate with all management levels
- Experienced in IT project planning, budgeting, and controlling
- Ability to understand complex and detailed business processes
- Customer service orientation
- Can work in multi-cultural environment.
- Expertise in Project Management tools (Office 365 Project etc.)
- Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC models / methodologies, IT systems and processes, project management methodologies and their direct application to projects
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures
- Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques
- Experience with requirements management, use case and modeling tools
- Strong decision making / problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail
MBA desirable. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required, practical experience in lieu of education is acceptable.
Required: PMP certification, Workday certifications in integrations and other areas. Preferred: ADP certification and formal training in facilitation.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.