Posted January 11, 2017 R-116068
You wake up ready and excited to greet a day full of numbers and spreadsheets. You get a rush when you successfully complete that latest financial statement to the penny. You enjoy working with bank reconciliations and journal entries…each one is like figuring out a puzzle to you. The day promises to be busy and you love being productive. We sure can use your enthusiasm and abilities as a Centralized Staff Accountant with Interstate Hotels & Resorts!
As a Centralized Staff Accountant you will:
- Be responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements for 10 to 12 centralized hotels.Prepare and record journal entries for assigned hotels to meet the closing deadline and deliver accurate hotel financials.
- Prepare monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations for assigned hotels.
- Review month end packages from hotels and ensure compliance with SSAE-16 requirements and SSAE-16 audits.
- Perform functional accounting responsibilities (i.e. multi-company journal entries for portfolios, decentralized hotel bank recs, etc.).
- Partner and collaborate with various groups including supervisors, operations, and corporate.
- Filing and archiving records and processing rebills.
Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Accounting/Finance desired. Previous multi-unit accounting experience, preferably in the hospitality industry, preferred. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are expected. This position requires the ability to compile facts and figures; basic to intermediate Excel experience required. You will regularly use a computer, various software programs and a calculator. You must be able to communicate effectively and courteously over the telephone and in person.
125 E. John Carpenter Frwy., Suite 600
Irving, TX 75062
Interstate Hotels & Resorts Regional Office - Irving, TX
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 440 hotels with 79,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the world. Interstate is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a joint venture between Thayer Lodging Group and Jin Jiang Hotels.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.