Posted March 20, 2017 R-116290
You bring the dishes that the chef creates to life. The chef relies on you to “get it right” and you take pride in making it happen. The bustle and sometimes intensity of the kitchen energizes you. You understand the importance of staying within budget and know exactly how much to prep. You also understand that cleanliness in the kitchen and safe food handling is key. The kitchen team is tight and you’re a valued player. And as a motivated active listener, you’re well positioned to learn all things culinary. If you’re ready to take your culinary passion to the next level, consider an opportunity as Cook with Interstate.
As a Cook, you will
- Carefully and safely prepare food according to chef direction and as ordered by the server, taking care to portion correctly and present appealingly.
- Ensure food safety by dating and rotating food containers, safely storing perishables, and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
- Check pars for shift use, ensuring that correct amounts are pulled for prep and noting items that need replenishment.
- Do your part to stay within budget by taking steps to control food waste, loss and usage.
A high school education or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum of one-year food service or related experience required. The ability to operate, maintain and properly clean culinary equipment is expected. This position requires full mobility and the ability to lifting, carrying and pulling up to 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
661 NW 53rd Street
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Telephone (561) 994-8200
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
263 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Experience the refreshed and updated Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton redesigned with the family and corporate traveler in mind. Close to warm, sunny Florida beaches, family attractions, universities, shopping and many Fortune 500 companies of Boca Raton. Our Boca Raton hotel is conveniently located in Palm Beach County at the border of Broward County.
This all-suite Boca Raton hotel is an equal distance from the Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale International Airports. Ride the complimentary shuttle to locations within a 3-mile radius.
Begin your adventure in our contemporary elegant newly renovated lobby featuring a sleek open floor plan with tranquil water features, and a refreshing splash of greenery outlining the professionally decorated Atrium. Enjoy our signature complimentary services in our transformed surroundings at our hotel in Boca Raton.
Start your day at our Boca Raton hotel with a free made-to-order breakfast. Unwind at the end of the day with a complimentary Evening Reception. Exercise at the 24-hour fitness center or melt away stress in the outdoor heated pool.
Plan your business meeting, wedding or special event in 15,000 sq. ft. of wireless space divided into ballroom, meeting and boardroom venues.
- Midway between Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach International Airports
- Located in Arvida Park of Commerce corporate center, convenient to Fortune 500 companies
- Free made-to-order breakfast and complimentary Evening Reception
- Suites with pull-out sofa sleeper, mini-refrigerator, microwave and internet
- 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor/outdoor meeting space for events and weddings