Posted January 5, 2017 R-116848
Every decision you make impacts hotel profitability. And, your passion for moving the needle is infectious. Your straightforward actions convey, “We’re in this together to win,” and inspire and motivate productive exchanges between Sales, Finance and Operations. Tech savvy and analytically minded, navigating multiple distribution channels is effortless. Your inventive approach leveraging what you know is downright magic: determining critical changes in course, charting strategic direction, and negotiating for maximum yield penetration. Financial goal achievement becomes the norm. As Director of Revenue Management and valued business partner with Interstate, you will have the opportunity to do this and more.
As Director of Revenue Management, you will
- Direct and oversee all aspects of revenue management. Exercise your analytical, technical, and innovative powers to develop, recommend, and convey winning sales strategies for maximum revenue and yield penetration. Use your technical expertise to oversee Reservations and Sales Management Systems.
- Provide valuable input into and guidance for the Sales team. Lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching.
- Communicate data and trend findings to Sales, Hotel Operations and Catering. Compile, analyze and interpret data and trends. Effectively communicate to fellow departments, enabling spot-on staffing for exceptional guest experience and optimal flow through. Contribute meaningfully in budget development and management and through the Rate Strategy Committee. Present findings and convey ideas with impactful, concise clarity.
- Recommend and take timely action. Keep a pulse on room inventory and rates to effectively alter course. Negotiate transient, group and catering accounts, ensuring the ideal mix of group, transient and catering contribution for maximum room revenue and optimal flow through.
- Challenge the process. Foster an innovative, collaborative environment and channel your technical expertise to continually rethink existing processes, policies and procedures. Engage fellow departments and stakeholders to effect meaningful change.
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required, with previous experience in Sales, Catering, or Reservations essential. Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills are required. Expertise of hotel reservation systems, sales and catering management systems, and property management systems is expected. The ability to operate a computer, business equipment and software is also expected. This position requires full mobility, with periods of standing and sitting.
1617 Southeast 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telephone (954) 626-1700
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
236 Room Hotel
Relax at our Fort Lauderdale hotel near Port Everglades
Introducing the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel. Our Fort Lauderdale airport hotel offers 225 exquisite newly renovated guest rooms, offering contemporary design and unparalled amenities. Our guests will sink into their plush bed, complete with "Revive" bedding, or relax in front of their flat-screen TV. Our guests can also enjoy delectable dining at our onsite restaurant, Bistro 17, offering New American cuisine with a sultry local flair in an intimate setting.
Our boutique hotel is just minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport, Port Everglades, and abundant beautiful beaches. We are among the top hotels near Ft. Lauderdale beach, downtown Riverwalk, and Galleria Mall. Our guests can make their next adventure uniquely Renaissance with a stay at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel.