Posted January 10, 2017 R-116960
You have a welcoming personality and helpful nature. You’re happiest when you’re juggling tasks and crave a variety of challenges. You have a passion for order and a gift for communicating understandably. Your active learning and listening skills are tuned to high volume. And you want to learn everything there is to know about Human Resources in hospitality. The Human Resources Coordinator position with Interstate may be an excellent opportunity to exercise your talents, hone your skills and increase your understanding of the discipline.
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will
- Provide overall support to the human resources department, enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. Use your multi-tasking talents to assist with associate and management needs during the employment lifecycle.
- Employ your excellent people skills to help with the hiring process and Employee Relations matters.
- Help ensure safety and regulatory compliance by maintaining employment and termination records and logs and regulatory tracking. Administer OSHA, workers comp, unemployment claims, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties.
- Effectively communicate important info to associates, including benefits, and assist with orientation. Ensure that associate bulletin boards are current, interesting, and include safety info.
- Actively participate in the associate review process and administer payroll action changes timely and accurately.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the supplies needed to function smoothly.
An Associate or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum one-year hotel and Human Resources-related experience required. The ability to operate a computer and a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. Excellent English and Spanish verbal and written communication skills are required. Occasional travel is required for recruitment.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
434 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown. Begin your stay at this inviting Los Angeles hotel with our delicious freshly baked chocolate chip cookie and allow our attentive staff to cater to your every need. Conveniently located off the 110, 101 and 5 freeways, this contemporary downtown Los Angeles hotel is ideally situated less than a mile from major attractions. Visit the Los Angeles Convention Center, discover the L.A. Live Attractions (Staples Center, Nokia Theatre, and Grammy Museum), and walk to iconic cultural attractions, such as the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Relax in a spacious guest room or suite at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown. Each of our spacious guest rooms feature sophisticated Asian-fusion decor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as 42-inch HDTVs and high-speed internet access. Gaze at stunning skyline views from the large windows. Upgrade to a suite to enjoy extra space, including separate living and working areas and special upgraded amenities such as a full-size refrigerator and soothing whirlpool bath.
Celebrate a special event or host an important business meeting at this Los Angeles hotel with a host of flexible meeting rooms, ideal for small to large groups. The tranquil Kyoto Garden offers a unique venue for romantic weddings of any size. Corporate travelers will appreciate our fully equipped business center, offering a host of efficient equipment for your convenience.
- Complimentary internet in lobby, restaurant and public space. Guest rooms access starting at $9.95/day
- Complimentary Hilton HHonors Turn Down Service (Turn down bed, refresh room, small amenity)
- Overnight valet parking service includes vacuuming and windshield washing
- State-of-the-art War Room perfect for depositions, legal gatherings and meetings
- Stunning Kyoto Gardens rooftop wedding venue with amazing skyline views
- Complimentary Courtesy Transportation Available