Posted January 11, 2017 R-117065
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
2101 North Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Telephone (843) 918-5000
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center
400 Room Hotel
Welcome to the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, Myrtle Beach's premier hotel.
Our convenient location gives visitors easy access to the best the area has to offer - we're just two blocks from the ocean and four blocks from Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach's largest entertainment complex. Plus, we're only 10 minutes from Myrtle Beach Airport and we're conveniently attached to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, offering a combined total of 200,000 square feet of conference space.
After an exciting day of activity, guests can relax in our first-class hotel where friendly service and a contemporary design await. They can enjoy dinner in Vidalia's Restaurant or an afternoon cocktail at M-Bar, offering complimentary wireless High Speed Internet Access. Or find total comfort in our 400 spacious guest rooms.
The best of Myrtle Beach is just outside your door at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel.