Posted February 10, 2017 R-117065
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
2101 North Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Telephone (843) 918-5000
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center
400 Room Hotel
Visitors will experience the warmth and beauty of Myrtle Beach from the perfect setting at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel.
Whether guests are visiting for business or pleasure, our full-service hotel brings the best of Myrtle Beach right to their doorstep, from the adjacent Myrtle Beach Convention Center to Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Waves Water Park, Tanger Factory Outlets and world-class golf courses. Guests can settle in and relax in one of 400 contemporary rooms and suites equipped with the Sheraton Signature bed and free Internet. Our 250,000 square feet of function space set the stage for an impressive business gathering or social occasion.