Posted December 7, 2017 R-125865
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
295 Room Hotel
Reimagined, chic, modern…the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza was newly renovated in 2016. The hotel is conveniently located in the Country Club Plaza near Kansas City’s best attractions such as Westport, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Sprint Center, Power & Light District, Kauffman Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, Kauffman Center, UMKC and much more. Guests can enjoy upscale accommodations featuring 49 inch HDTVs and spa-like bathrooms. They can surf the internet and stream their favorite Netflix movie with our high-speed Wi-Fi. The hotel offers over 18,000 square feet of stunning and flexible function space perfect for corporate meetings, weddings or social events. Business and leisure travelers will appreciate amenities such as on-site dining, a spacious fitness center including Life Fitness equipment and a luxurious concierge lounge.