Posted January 9, 2018 R-127766
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Guard with Interstate. It could be you.
As Loss Prevention/Security Officer, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
400 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone (619) 239-4500
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Bell Staff/Driver
- Bell Staff/Driver - On Call
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- F&B Outlets Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Loss Prevention/Hotel Security - On Call
- Loss Prevention/Hotel Security Officer
- Night Auditor
- Public Area Attendant (PM)
- Room Attendant
- Room Attendant (PM)
- Sales Reporting Systems Analyst & Admin Assistant
The Westin San Diego
436 Room Hotel
The Westin San Diego Hotel provides a retreat to one of downtown San Diego's landmark hotels. The hotel now has a distinctly upscale, contemporary feel, inspired by soothing elements of nature. With a complete revitalization of guestrooms, restaurant, lobby, public areas, San Diego meeting space, two new Legal War Rooms, Tangent and a new WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, the newly refurbished urban retreat will transform every aspect of a stay into a revitalizing experience.
The Westin San Diego Hotel $15 million dollar transformation includes a new look and feel to 29,000 sq. ft of versatile San Diego meeting and banquet space. With enhanced catering and event planning services, and the latest in meetings technology, combined with its premiere downtown location that offers immediate accessibility to the Superior Court of California San Diego’s Courthouse and the Gaslamp, San Diego Harbor, and Little Italy neighborhoods, Westin San Diego’s renovated meeting and event spaces serve as ideal venues for meetings of all sizes, social gatherings and celebrations, and weddings.