Posted May 23, 2018 R-128114
You’re like magic. You transform empty spaces into settings; and after the event, you make them disappear. You’re happiest juggling at a fast-pace, with a passion to please that equals the need for getting it right. Your sharp eye for detail quickly spots when something’s amiss and when guests have need. A valued team member who smoothly handles the difficult and unexpected, you “get” that your contribution is vital to the event’s success. If you’re up for a challenging, physical role where your relationship skills can develop and shine, consider Interstate’s Banquet Set-Up position.
As Banquet Set-Up, you will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Do your part to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
404 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Telephone (213) 624-1000
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Assistant Housekeeping Manager (OEM)
- Banquet Cook (Part Time/On Call)
- Banquet Cook - Full Time
- Barback (Part Time/On Call)
- Barback - On Call
- Bus Person - Part Time/On Call
- Cook Supervisor
- Food Runner (Lobby Court)
- Front Office Assistant Manager (Full Time/Varies)
- General Cleaner (Housekeeping)
- Houseperson (Banquets)
- Journeyman Engineer (Full-Time/Swing)
- Lead Banquet Bartender - Part Time/On Call
- Runner (Service Express) - Part Time
- Sales Executive Meeting Manager
- Security Officer (Full Time/Sunrise)
- Service Bartender - On Call/Part Time
- Steward (Full Time/Sunrise)
- Steward (Part Time/On Call)
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
1,354 Room Hotel
The Most Famous Downtown Los Angeles Hotel
Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby, and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting, or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. Enjoy spectacular skyline views, access to over 40 specialty boutiques and restaurants, and unparalleled meeting and conference facilities. Discover LA's largest convention hotel - widely regarded as a "City-within-a City" - sure to surpass all expectations.
A landmark attraction in its own right, this unique name in downtown Los Angeles hotels beckons you with an exceptional setting:
- Encompassing an entire city block in the heart of Los Angeles, California
- Located in the midst of the business district, surrounded by prestigious companies
- A short stroll to the Music Center, new LA Cathedral, and Disney Concert Hall
- Only six blocks to the LA Convention Center and Staples Center
- Just 20 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)