Posted November 13, 2017 R-128875
Calling all new and recent finance graduates!!
You wake up ready and excited to greet a day full of numbers and spreadsheets. You get a rush when you successfully complete and run that latest forecasting model. You enjoy digging in and analyzing variances…each one is like figuring out a puzzle to you. You love it when your analysis helps the company make smart and informed business decisions. The day promises to be busy and you love being productive. We sure can use your enthusiasm and keen eye for detail as an Analyst, FP&A with Interstate Hotels & Resorts!
As part of the Financial Planning and Analysis and Corporate Treasury group you will provide proactive, timely, accurate and clear analysis and insights that drive key business decisions. You will contribute to the preparation of the Interstate Hotels & Resorts corporate forecast/model by incorporating revenue and expenses forecasts, analyzing variances to forecast and projections, preparing supporting schedules, and ad hoc reports and analysis. You will collaborate with other departments including Accounting, Operations, and Development and operate quickly and effectively.
- Assist in the budgeting, forecasting and monthly variance analysis. This function includes monthly reconciliation to Accounting’s financials and requires general understanding of the profit and loss statement.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/weekly KPI’s and financial reporting packages.
- Identify, analyze and track financial and operational trends and work with key groups to identify actionable solutions.
- Complete special projects and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Assist with Treasury related analysis and functions as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related required
0-1 years experience in finance, investment analysis or similar function.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical thought process and problem solving skills. Detailed oriented and respective of deadlines.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and to translate results into meaningful metrics.
- Solid proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.