Posted January 13, 2018 R-129447
You have a sunny, helpful nature. You’re happiest on the move, ever alert to what needs doing. Talking with people from all over energizes you. And with a passion to please, you thoughtfully offer guests helpful tips while lending a hand, opening doors, whisking away luggage, and holding pet leads as guests get settled. You know the property and surrounding area by heart, quickly becoming a trusted source for guests. You take great care and pride in your work, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Interstate’s Bell Staff position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
As Bell Staff, you will
- Provide the pivotal first impression, setting the tone for the guest experience.
- Extend a genuinely friendly welcome to arriving guests. Help with doors and luggage, guiding guests to the front desk, assisting guests to their rooms, and offering tips about the property and room amenities.
- Driving guests to places within our service area including companies, shopping and dining establishments. Must be able to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Record Search.
- Respond helpfully to guest questions about the property, getting around and nearby happenings.
- Pitch in. Help guests with special requests, room deliveries, and transportation arrangements when the need arises. Tidy the lobby and public areas when you see something out of place, reporting any repair or maintenance needs.
This is a PART TIME POSITION and the ideal candidate will be available flexible hours, including some weekend hours. A high school education or equivalent is required, with prior customer service experience helpful. The ability to communicate effectively and graciously in English is essential. This position requires continuous movement, full mobility, lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing or pulling a luggage cart up to 200 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
7025 Northland Drive North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Telephone (763) 536-8300
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
230 Room Hotel
Discover the all-suite, Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. Guests are greeted with contemporary and refreshing interiors featuring natural stonework, a signature fireplace, onsite restaurant, pool and health club. Escape to Wadsworth, our Minneapolis MN restaurant, for signature cocktails and hearty American cuisine with a Minnesota twist. The 230 sophisticated, yet functional guest suites offer a retreat from a busy day. Our 50,000 sq ft Minneapolis Minnesota conference center, with 6 elegantly appointed ballrooms, seats 20 to 600 guests and is lavishly adorned with premium amenities, including inviting natural lighting, dazzling chandeliers and cozy fireplaces. From choosing a ballroom to meeting our executive chef, our Marriott Certified Event Planners provide a wide array of personalized services to tend to every detail for any event.