Posted December 1, 2017 R-130228
Relating to people with ease is first nature to you. Associates from line level to senior manager seek your counsel because you’re trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You maneuver conflict into problem solving and have a proven record of achieving department and business goals. As Human Resources Manager with Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your expert knowledge and showcase your talents as a respected team and Executive Committee member.
As Human Resources Manager, you will
- Manage and attend to daily department operations and participate in total management as an Executive Committee member. Skillfully apply your knowledge to protect employees and the brand. And as a respected member of the Executive Committee, you play an integral role in leadership.
- Ensure sustained healthy retention. Plan and manage all aspects of talent acquisition. You enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. You model the way, by embracing and championing the culture, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Share your knowledge by educating associates and managers. Employ your love of learning to coach, develop, and celebrate recognition. Educate associates on programs, help managers with Employee Relations matters, and create solutions out of conflict.
- Partner with management and finance. You will develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and employee satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus four to five years in a hotel company related position. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasional travel is required.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2800 Via Cabrillo Marina
San Pedro, CA 90731
Telephone (310) 514-3344
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles
226 Room Hotel
About the DoubleTree San Pedro Hotel
Imagine our guests waking up to the gentle murmur of a sheltered marina, breathing in the crisp sea air and then walking to a bustling market or soft-sand beach. All without having to endure the grind of Los Angeles traffic.
In the L.A. Waterfront, that's what they'll find at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Pedro-Port of Los Angeles–a Mediterranean style hotel set just minutes from the World Cruise Center and downtown San Pedro.
Close to Attractions, Far From The Clamor
The ceaseless drone of jammed city streets won't reach anyone here. Like an urban oasis, our hotel rests along San Pedro's tranquil Cabrillo Marina–tucked away from busy roads, yet within walking distance of a powdery beach, a popular aquarium and a charming seaside plaza. Visitors can include a stay with us as part of their cruise ship holiday and you'll be less than 3 miles from the World Cruise Center.
- Situated on the Port of Los Angeles near the World Cruise Center
- 2 blocks from Cabrillo Aquarium and family-friendly Cabrillo Beach
- Large heated outdoor pool and whirlpool
- Spacious guest rooms with private balconies and marina views
- 16,000 sq. ft. of space in 12 meeting and event rooms for San Pedro weddings