Posted January 6, 2018 R-130628
PURPOSE: Purchasing Manager will support the efforts of National Contracts Capital Purchasing and OS&E supply projects.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Purchasing Manager reports to the Director Purchasing and is responsible for preparing bids, generating purchase orders, preparing RFQ documents, providing quotations, and generating sourcing recommendations.
- Maintain the system used to track and manage annual property capital plans.
- Obtain and analyze product bids in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct all business in accordance first with the policies and procedures. If a subject is not covered by those policies and procedures then to act in accordance with the best business purchasing standards.
- Knowledge of the products and services transacted Purchase those products or services with the most favorable terms and conditions.
- Become familiar with the vendors with whom transactions will be conducted and know enough about the business and products of this organizations to convey any unrestricted and required information accurately to suppliers.
- Knowledge of the major suppliers, the economic status of those suppliers and their industry.
- Help other department personnel determine the most suitable product or service to meet their needs considering the objectives of the entire organization.
- Follow-up or expedite orders to see that they are delivered as scheduled.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field and relevant experience are typically required for this position.
- Industry certifications may be beneficial
Experience: Min. 2 – 4 years of experience as a category or strategic buyer
Skills and Abilities:
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access database.
- Knowledge of electronic procurement systems
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments under minimal direction.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.