Posted December 1, 2017 R-119118
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Guard with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Guard, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
404 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Telephone (213) 624-1000
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Runner - On Call
- Banquet Sous Chef (OEM)
- Banquets Barback - On Call
- Bus Person
- Cook (Banquets)
- Host @ L.A. Prime/Bonavista Lounge
- Host @ Lakeview Bistro
- Housekeeping Supervisor (Part-Time/PM/On-Call)
- Houseperson (Banquets)
- Payroll Supervisor
- Room Attendant (AM)
- Security Officer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Steward (Banquets) - Part Time
- Steward (Night Porter/Cafeteria)
- Tour & Travel Coordinator
- Utility Housekeeper (PM/On Call)
- Watch Engineer
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
1,354 Room Hotel
The Most Famous Downtown Los Angeles Hotel
Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby, and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting, or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. Enjoy spectacular skyline views, access to over 40 specialty boutiques and restaurants, and unparalleled meeting and conference facilities. Discover LA's largest convention hotel - widely regarded as a "City-within-a City" - sure to surpass all expectations.
A landmark attraction in its own right, this unique name in downtown Los Angeles hotels beckons you with an exceptional setting:
- Encompassing an entire city block in the heart of Los Angeles, California
- Located in the midst of the business district, surrounded by prestigious companies
- A short stroll to the Music Center, new LA Cathedral, and Disney Concert Hall
- Only six blocks to the LA Convention Center and Staples Center
- Just 20 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)