Posted April 16, 2018 R-130502
You love a party! But, even more, you love building one. The more intricate the better. Energized by a fast-pace and myriad moving pieces, you’re at your best deciphering banquet orders, orchestrating teams, and rising to the unforeseen. Creative, with a pulse on what’s emerging, your valuable contributions to theme and package development are trend bending. Guiding with respect and sharing what you know, your trusted, cohesive team delivers without a hitch. Result? Recurring events and a steady flow of new business become the norm. A Director of Catering position with Interstate may be a great opportunity to make an impact and realize your potential.
As Director of Catering, you will
- Oversee and manage all aspects of catering operations. Proven experience and demonstrated knowledge to manage daily operations, ensuring smooth functions, fluid communications between internal staff, fellow departments and external resources. Analyze complex banquet orders to ensure efficient set-up and flawless execution.
- Lead a diverse, motivated team of catering and event professionals. Skillfully manage the team by creating an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Provide strategic input to elevate the guest experience and achieve financial success. Partner closely with Sales and fellow departments, helping achieve revenue and financial goals. Contribute meaningfully to Budget input and management. Keep a pulse on daily revenue and expense, to minimize loss and maximize profit. Create packages, menus and themes, with awareness of competition and trend, elevating guest experience, leveraging function space, and achieving sales and revenue goals.
- Take measures to protect guests, associates, and the asset. Take necessary action to ensure guest comfort, associate safety, and protect ownership interests, by ensuring event space is well equipped and fully functioning.
This position requires at least two years’ post high school education (a four-year college degree is preferred)with four years’ experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of catering, hospitality, and food and beverage industries is expected. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. The ability to regularly operate business equipment and software is expected. This position requires fast-paced full mobility, with occasional lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Associate / Assistant Director of Catering
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Server
- Bell Staff
- Catering Coordinator
- Complex Director of Human Resources
- Cook III
- Director of Catering Sales
- Engineering II (mid)
- Group Sales Manager OEM
- Marketing Manager OEM
- Massage Therapist
- Overnight Houseman Attendant
- Pastry Cook
- Pool Server
- Purchasing/Receiving Clerk
- Reservations Agent
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Manager OEM
- Sales Manager OEM
- Sous Chef OEM
- Spa Attendant
The Estate Yountville
112 Room Hotel
Splendid Tuscan architecture, palazzo-style décor and acres of olive trees, gardens and Wine Country landscape frame Villagio Inn & Spa. Nestled in the heart of Yountville, surrounded by gorgeous vineyards, we bring the best of Napa Valley’s unofficial culinary capital directly to your doorstep. Sample the numerous Michelin-starred restaurants, bistros and cafés along Washington Street, including Philippe Jeanty's Bistro Jeanty and The French Laundry by Thomas Keller.
Guests can greet the day with our complimentary champagne breakfast. Amply provided with healthy options, baked breads, pastries and fresh juices, it’s the perfect beginning whether your plans include a wine tasting jaunt or nothing more than relaxing by the heated pool. Guests seeking more active pursuits can visit the gym, staffed with personal trainers, play a few sets of tennis or strike up a Bocce game on the vineyard-side court. Be sure to save time to sneak away to Spa Villagio, a peaceful and intimate oasis featuring luxurious treatment rooms and indulgent private spa suites appointed with indoor and outdoor oversized sunken infinity tubs, fireplaces, steam showers and wet bars.