Posted November 7, 2017 R-131930
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate is coming soon (2018), to the Washington DC, Virginia (Northern), Maryland (Southern) areas, bringing a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to independent and soft-brand properties.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate delivers the experiences that fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler; through style, service and technology combined with a forward-thinking attitude. And with a portfolio of unique properties that are not merely “lifestyle,” but rather lifestyled we deliver a customized experience to captivate, surprise, and delight the most discerning guest.
We are looking for a few prodigiously talented sales, revenue management and operational leaders who are looking to journey beyond their current hotel level assignments. INTRIGUE is a tech-driven, cutting edge hospitality ecosystem with a niche lifestyle team at the helm. We're seeking the best-in-class talent to add to our artisan community.
Relating to people with ease is first nature to you. Associates from line level to senior manager seek your counsel because you’re trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You maneuver conflict into problem solving and have a proven record of achieving department and business goals. As Human Resources Director with Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your expert knowledge and showcase your talents as a respected team and Executive Committee member.
As a Director of Human Resources you will
- Manage and attend to daily department operations and participate in total management as an Executive Committee member. Skillfully apply your knowledge to protect employees and the brand. And as a respected member of the Executive Committee, you play an integral role in leadership.
- Ensure sustained healthy retention. Plan and manage all aspects of talent acquisition. You enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. You model the way, by embracing and championing the culture, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Share your knowledge by educating associates and managers. Employ your love of learning to coach, develop, and celebrate recognition. Educate associates on programs, help managers with Employee Relations matters, and create solutions out of conflict.
- Partner with management and finance. You will develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and employee satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus four to five years in a hotel company related position. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasional travel is required.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Telephone (703) 387-3888
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Catering Sales Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Engineering - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Finance - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Human Resources - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Revenue Management - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Rooms - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Executive Housekeeper - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Front Office / Guest Services Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- General Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate
A modern lifestyle lodging company that innovates and inspires.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate brings a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to a variety of independent and soft-branded properties including urban boutique hotels, upscale restaurants, spa retreats and international properties. INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts delivers innovative culture, style and technology of next generation lodging and experiential services to fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler. Immediately upon its introduction, INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts draws from Interstate’s decades of experience operating independent and soft-branded properties across the country and around the world such as: New York, NY, Venice Beach, CA, Boston, MA, and Dublin, Ireland.