Posted January 12, 2018 R-132098
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
175 East 10th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101
Telephone (651) 224-5400
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul Downtown
208 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Situated in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, the Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown is an elegant all-suite hotel conveniently located near some of the area’s biggest corporations and most popular attractions. The newly renovated, spacious two-room suites provide modern styling and the amenities needed for working, vacationing with family and feeling comfortable.
Stay connected through our 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center and in-room internet access. Unwind in the modern fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor pool. Start your day off right with a full, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast including the famous Embassy Suites omelets. Take the opportunity to relax at the nightly Evening Reception that serves up drinks, snacks and great conversation.
Discover flexible function spaces and conference rooms, including the lush open-air atrium, unique among downtown St. Paul hotels. Let the dedicated event professionals at Embassy Suites create an elegant St. Paul wedding venue or the perfect site for a business meeting.
- Downtown St. Paul hotel near Xcel Energy Center
- Newly renovated two-room St. Paul hotel suites with microwave and refrigerator
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center
- Complimentary Evening Reception & cooked-to-order breakfast in open-air atrium
- St. Paul, Minnesota hotel offering a shuttle within a 5-mile radius (for nominal fee)
- 5,000 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space