Posted November 14, 2017 R-132216
You are helpful and organized by nature, you have the gift of persuasion and you want to learn everything there is to know about sales. Perfect! As Administrative Assistant, you would be well positioned to learn the ins and outs of sales, while supporting a talented and driven Interstate team.As a Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant, you will
- Solicit, book, plan, and coordinate meetings/ functions for group and catering bookings.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through sales efforts.
- Detail the program with client to include guestroom reservations and meeting room requirements.
- Prepare appropriate paperwork, coordinate group information with the appropriate areas in the hotel, assist in meeting room set up and catering preparation when needed.
- Resolve any issues, complaints, and problems to ensure quality delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Attend internal meetings, interface with all hotel departments.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food & beverage, and hospitality professions.
- Requires knowledge of the hotel’s and Interstate’s policies and procedures abd the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
- This position requires awareness and experience in group revenue management principles to ensure effective group block management.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
9750 NE Cascades Parkway
Portland, OR 97220
Telephone (503) 288-2808
Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station
136 Room Hotel
Located within one mile of the Portland International Airport, and in the Cascade Station shopping area, the Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station provides the ideal accommodations for anyone visiting, whether it be for business or leisure.
This cutting edge hotel is minutes from downtown and several thrilling attractions including:
- Portland Japanese Gardens
- Oregon Zoo
- Multnomah Falls
That’s not all – guests can kick back and enjoy our many amenities, including:
- Spacious guest rooms featuring our plush Hyatt Grand Bed®, 42” HDTV, and cozy sofas for work or movie night
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, 24-hour StayFit® fitness center, and free hot breakfast daily
- Convenient food options with our 24/7 Gallery Menu, Grab-n-Go snacks, and our Coffee to Cocktails Bar