Posted November 14, 2017 R-132163
Checking people in and out three days a week. It’s a no brainer, right? Often the first encounter, you understand that your interaction can set the tone for the entire guest experience and potentially impact the entire brand! Your genuine warmth and helpful nature enable you to rise to every occasion, from cheerfully greeting the excited family on a vacation adventure to handling the travel-weary guest’s request with prompt courtesy.
Two nights a week you’re like the super hero of accounting. You arrive in the night, dive deep into the books, and reveal anything out of place. You leap to the front desk, attending to that travel-weary guest. And with accurate precision before the sun rises, you draw a clear picture using the night’s data for the new day’s action.
As a Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor with Interstate, you’ll have many opportunities to brighten someone’s day or night!
As Front Desk/Night Auditor, you will
- Provide that critical first impression to our guests and have a natural passion for delivering exceptional service.
- Welcome and serve guests in person and over the phone everyday.
- Enjoy solving problems, be comfortable using a computer to check guests in and out, and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and confidently.
- Ensure all aspects of hotel accounting for all areas of hotel operations are processed correctly and accurately recorded, protecting the brand and asset against liability and fraud.
- Audit, balance, post and report on front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets’ cash and credit operations and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely function and optimal operations management.
- Provide rooms management with a clear picture of their performance using the data gathered.
- Run the night audit final, after ensuring all revenue is in balance.
High school education or equivalent experience is required. An Accounting background is preferred but not required. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to compile facts and figures. In addition to general office equipment, you will regularly operate Interstate systems and software, including a cash register. You must be able to communicate effectively and courteously over the telephone and in person. This position may occasionally require lifting luggage up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Weekly schedule varies and includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- On occasion, may be assigned to work at any of the three sister properties (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites), as needed.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
125 Room Hotel
At A Glance
The Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage hotel, a 2016 TripAdvisor Award Winner, is located in midtown Anchorage, just a short drive from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Guests enjoy free 24-hour airport shuttle service and free WiFi access. This hotel is also close to business destinations such as Providence Alaska Medical Center, British Petroleum-BP Exploration, Alaska Regional Hospital, Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, and Alaska Native Medical Center with complimentary shuttle to these select locations. Enjoy local golfing, hiking, and fishing, as well as restaurants and shopping located within walking distance including the Golden Corral, TGI Fridays, Starbucks and many more.
- Newly renovated hotel in midtown Anchorage, just 3 miles from downtown
- Complimentary shuttle from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- On-site dining at the Garden Grille & Bar with room service available
- Complimentary WiFi access throughout hotel
- Over 1,400 sq. ft. of meeting and event space
- Premium Keurig® coffee in every room and free on-site parking