Posted November 14, 2017 R-132194
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and assist in the administration of the division in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and employees.
- Supervise the Engineering employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, coach and counsel, provide open communications, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems and recommend discipline, as appropriate.
- Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to ensure safety, convenience and satisfaction of all guests, managers and employees, to protect the assets and maintain the property in first class condition.
- Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience.
- Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times to protect the assets, guests and employees.
- Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
- Review purchase requests and monitor expenses budget goals are met/exceeded.
- Assist in the administration of the division by preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: One to two years of post high school education
Experience: Experience required by position is from two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Requires advanced knowledge of the Building Management/Engineering profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and complex problems.
Requires investigating and analyzing current activities and/or information in a specialized field involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
Requires supervisory skills.
Ability to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
No. of employees supervised: Supervise four to ten employees
Travel required: Minimal, training classes, vendors. task force, etc.
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five day period
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
13111 Sycamore Drive
Norwalk, CA 90650
Telephone (562) 863-5555
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
171 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk, conveniently located off the I-5 between L.A. and Orange County. Only 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), this Norwalk, CA hotel is also close to downtown L.A. and the Anaheim Convention Center. Stay in comfortable surroundings within easy reach of Southern California landmarks including Disneyland® Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood and Knott’s Berry Farm.
Decorated in a relaxed, contemporary California style, the hotel contains many sophisticated areas to relax, dine and gather. Our friendly staff will great you with a signature DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Feel at home in the modern, stylish accommodations. From guest rooms to suites and executive rooms, each features a comfortable Sweet Dreams® bed, TV and WiFi. Upgrade to a superior suite for extra space and a comfortable living area.
Our attentive and experienced concierge staff is here to help. Swim in the sunlight at the outdoor pool or soak in the whirlpool. Park your car safely in our extensive, complimentary parking lot. Work out in the 24-hour fitness center and dine afterwards at the stylish Sonoma Grill restaurant. Sip drinks with friends in The Vine lobby lounge and enjoy a lavish DoubleTree breakfast buffet.
- Newly renovated DoubleTree hotel in Norwalk with 26 suites
- Located close to LA, Orange Counties and local business
- Largest ballroom in the area