Posted November 15, 2017 R-132267
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate is coming soon (2018), to the Washington DC, Virginia (Northern), Maryland (Southern) areas, bringing a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to independent and soft-brand properties.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate delivers the experiences that fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler; through style, service and technology combined with a forward-thinking attitude. And with a portfolio of unique properties that are not merely “lifestyle,” but rather lifestyled we deliver a customized experience to captivate, surprise, and delight the most discerning guest.
We are looking for a few prodigiously talented sales, revenue management and operational leaders who are looking to journey beyond their current hotel level assignments. INTRIGUE is a tech-driven, cutting edge hospitality ecosystem with a niche lifestyle team at the helm. We're seeking the best-in-class talent to add to our artisan community.
You thrive in a bustling environment, welcoming the challenge and complexity of working within a large enterprise. You thoroughly understand rooms operations and you want to grow, taking your career to the next level. As Rooms Director for Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you know, strengthen as a leader, and increase your understanding of hotel operations.
As the Director of Rooms, you will
- Oversee rooms and related area operations, including front office, guest services, housekeeping, security and gift shop, to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for guests. Get out from behind the desk to observe guest experiences and staff interactions. Actively listen and transform problems into solutions, making it right for the guest and opening channels for associates.
- Build and foster division staff. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. Actively participate in the budget process, and accurately forecast for optimal staff and supply levels, maximum flow-through, and exceptional guest experience.
- Step up as General Manager when the need arises.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with four to five years experience in a related position. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and leadership. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasionally you will have to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Telephone (703) 387-3888
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Engineering - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Events and Catering
- Director of Finance - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Human Resources - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Revenue Management - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Rooms - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Event Manager
- Executive Chef
- Executive Housekeeper - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Executive Sous Chef
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Office/Guest Services Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Housekeeping Manager
- Marketing Manager
- NYC Area Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Restaurant (Outlet) Manager
- Restaurant General Manager
- Sales Manager - Corporate Markets
- Sales Manager - Group
- Sales Manager - SMERF
- Sous Chef
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate
A modern lifestyle lodging company that innovates and inspires.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate brings a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to a variety of independent and soft-branded properties including urban boutique hotels, upscale restaurants, spa retreats and international properties. INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts delivers innovative culture, style and technology of next generation lodging and experiential services to fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler. Immediately upon its introduction, INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts draws from Interstate’s decades of experience operating independent and soft-branded properties across the country and around the world such as: New York, NY, Venice Beach, CA, Boston, MA, and Dublin, Ireland.