Posted November 17, 2017 R-132346
Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as Sales Manager for Interstate.
As Sales Manager, you will
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts, tapping into community organizations and the media to elevate the hotel’s market share awareness and driving further business.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
25135 Park Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629
Telephone (949) 661-5000
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Accounting Receivable Clerk
- At Your Service Agent
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Houseman
- Housekeeping Runner
- Lead Front Desk Agent
- Line Cook
- Linen Attendant/Quality Inspector
- Loss Prevention Agent
- Maintenance Engineer
- Overnight Front Desk Manager
- Room Attendant
- Sales Manager BTS
- Server @ Vue
- Turndown Attendant
Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
378 Room Resort
Providing a picture-perfect backdrop for breathtaking getaways, our resort boasts easy beach access, a full-service spa and luxurious accommodations. Spread out in spacious guest quarters with contemporary comforts including pillow-top mattresses, room service options and flat-panel TVs featuring premium cable channels. During guests' downtime, our cutting-edge fitness center is an ideal place to get their heart rate up, or spend some time at the family-friendly Splash Zone pool. Travelers can dine on innovative cuisine and sip a custom cocktail at The Vue, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For productive meetings and social celebrations, our hotel's professional planning team and elegant 50,000 square feet of versatile event space will surely impress. No matter the occasion, this Dana Point hotel allows guests to experience the ultimate in Southern California sophistication.