Posted December 6, 2017 R-133001
You’re like the firefighter of Engineering. You’re always at the ready and first to respond when something goes wrong. You understand the urgency because guests expect and deserve a safe, comfortable environment and associate safety is critical. You’re alert and action-minded, with the technical skills and know-how to keep operations smoothly running. If this rings true, Interstate’s Class II Engineer position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Class II Engineer, you will
- Be ready and quick with your knowledge and experience to ensure guest safety and comfort, and a safe environment that’s critical to fellow associates.
- Be on top of preventive maintenance to protect every aspect of the property, from hotel rooms and equipment to kitchen and laundry.
- Keep operations running smoothly in the absence of engineering staff.
- Respond swiftly and effectively to every emergency situation that arises during your shift.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with special instruction in building maintenance and construction, having two years building experience in building maintenance or related industry, is required. The ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment and perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work is expected. This position requires carrying a radio while on duty and may require operating a pick-up truck and snow removal equipment. You must have effective communication skills and a professional manner. This position requires complete mobility and the ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
148 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Located in the center of the Massachusetts Route 128 technology belt and 30 minutes from downtown Boston, the Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham hotel helps guests make the most of their time in the area. Great transport links keep them in easy reach of some of the area’s top sites and attractions.
Guests can stay connected with complimentary WiFi and a 24-hour business center. They can head to the fitness center for a workout or take a dip in the pool. We offer a cooked-to-order breakfast and delicious dinners at the Great American Grill®. Our Waltham hotel offers a choice of unique function rooms, making it the perfect venue for a visitor's next Boston meeting or celebration.
- Waltham hotel in the heart of the Route 128 technology belt
- 30 minutes from Boston
- Complimentary WiFi and 24-hour business center
- Indoor pool and fitness center
- Four flexible function rooms including a Presidential Ballroom