Posted December 7, 2017 R-133040
Your foundation in housekeeping is solid. You like the variety and movement the day presents, and you’ve got a knack with people and juggling schedules is a snap. Your trained eye quickly spots things out of order. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Supervisor position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Enable an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention, optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on supplies and expenses, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent experience, with one to two years of employment related experience is required. Working knowledge of housekeeping is expected. Supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires continuous movement and standing, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 35 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
555 NW 62nd Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Telephone (954) 772-5400
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
253 Room All Suite
Our all-suite hotel is ideally located near some of Fort Lauderdale's most popular attractions, and also offers easy access to the Port Everglades Cruise Port. Recently renovated accommodations overlook the hotel's garden atrium, and boast modern amenities including our exceptionally comfortable Sheraton Signature Bed. Travelers can maximize their hotel experience by booking a Club Level suite, which provides access to our exclusive Club Lounge, located on the lobby level. Guests will enjoy flavorful cuisine at Terrace 555 Restaurant & Bar, our onsite eatery, or indulge in some premium shopping at Cypress Creek Station, just a short distance away from the hotel. We invite you to see why the Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek is a leader among hotels in the area.