Posted December 7, 2017 R-132889
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate is coming soon (2018), to the Washington DC (and New York City ) areas bringing a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to independent and soft-brand properties.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate delivers the experiences that fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler; through style, service and technology combined with a forward-thinking attitude. And with a portfolio of unique properties that are not merely “lifestyle,” but rather lifestyled we deliver a customized experience to captivate, surprise, and delight the most discerning guest.
We are looking for a few prodigiously talented sales, revenue management and operational leaders who are looking to journey beyond their current hotel level assignments. INTRIGUE is a tech-driven, cutting edge hospitality ecosystem with a niche lifestyle team at the helm. We're seeking the best-in-class talent to add to our artisan community.
You’re in this for the love of food. Skilled in food handling, you’re ready to expand what you know about operations. You work well as a team member in a large kitchen. You work equally well as the team lead when needed. You’re trusted and respected because your knowledge is sound and you generously share what you know. You also have a keen sense of budget and know what it takes to deliver an exceptional guest experience without compromise, helping meet financial goals. If you’re ready to deepen your culinary knowledge and advance as a leader, Interstate can provide the environment where you can excel.
As Sous Chef, you will
- Use your culinary expertise to coordinate, plan, and oversee the safe production, preparation and presentation of food for exceptional guest experience and increased flow through. Work with the Executive Chef to improve processes that increase safety and optimize profitability.
- Enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Ensure smooth operations, and food and environmental safety, for the kitchen. Ensure labor and food costs fall within budget and kitchen equipment functions properly for associate safety and increased productivity.
One to two years post high school education or equivalent culinary education, with three to four years experience in a related position. Advanced knowledge of the food profession is required, with an understanding of food and beverage management. A food handling certificate is also required. Experiential knowledge in the management of people is expected. Effective written and verbal English communication is required, with a second language helpful. This position requires full mobility and the ability to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Telephone (703) 387-3888
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Engineering - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Events and Catering
- Director of Finance - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Human Resources - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Revenue Management - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Rooms - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Event Manager
- Executive Chef
- Executive Housekeeper - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Executive Sous Chef
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Office/Guest Services Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Housekeeping Manager
- Marketing Manager
- NYC Area Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Restaurant (Outlet) Manager
- Restaurant General Manager
- Sales Manager - Corporate Markets
- Sales Manager - Group
- Sales Manager - SMERF
- Sous Chef
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate
A modern lifestyle lodging company that innovates and inspires.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate brings a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to a variety of independent and soft-branded properties including urban boutique hotels, upscale restaurants, spa retreats and international properties. INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts delivers innovative culture, style and technology of next generation lodging and experiential services to fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler. Immediately upon its introduction, INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts draws from Interstate’s decades of experience operating independent and soft-branded properties across the country and around the world such as: New York, NY, Venice Beach, CA, Boston, MA, and Dublin, Ireland.