Posted December 7, 2017 R-132890
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate is coming soon (2018), to the Washington DC (and New York City ) areas bringing a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to independent and soft-brand properties.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate delivers the experiences that fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler; through style, service and technology combined with a forward-thinking attitude. And with a portfolio of unique properties that are not merely “lifestyle,” but rather lifestyled we deliver a customized experience to captivate, surprise, and delight the most discerning guest.
We are looking for a few prodigiously talented sales, revenue management and operational leaders who are looking to journey beyond their current hotel level assignments. INTRIGUE is a tech-driven, cutting edge hospitality ecosystem with a niche lifestyle team at the helm. We're seeking the best-in-class talent to add to our artisan community.
You have a proven record in housekeeping. Your passion for the people on your team and the impact they have on guest care fuels your day. You have a natural way with people and a constructive approach to resolving issues. Your keen attention to detail and knack for juggling ensures a comfortable environment for guests and safety for your productive team. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Manager position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Manager, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Empower, inspire and guide a “can-do” team. Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Hire and oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Ensure a comfortable, safe environment. Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention and optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Optimize scheduling for fluid, efficient operations. Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on the budget. Actively participate in the budget process and keep a pulse on expenses, including payroll, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Do your part to elevate the guest experience. Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
One to two years of post high school education, with two to three years of employment related experience is required. Thorough knowledge of the housekeeping field and supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 North Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Telephone (703) 387-3888
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Catering Sales Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Engineering - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Events and Catering
- Director of Finance - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Human Resources - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Revenue Management - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Rooms - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Event Manager
- Executive Chef
- Executive Housekeeper - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Executive Sous Chef
- Front Desk Manager
- Front Office/Guest Services Manager - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Housekeeping Manager
- Marketing Manager
- NYC Area Director of Sales & Marketing - Independent Boutique Lifestyle Hotel
- Restaurant (Outlet) Manager
- Restaurant General Manager
- Sales Manager - Corporate Markets
- Sales Manager - Group
- Sales Manager - SMERF
- Sous Chef
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate
A modern lifestyle lodging company that innovates and inspires.
INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts by Interstate brings a modern, tech-centric, lifestyle-focused management psyche to a variety of independent and soft-branded properties including urban boutique hotels, upscale restaurants, spa retreats and international properties. INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts delivers innovative culture, style and technology of next generation lodging and experiential services to fulfill the curiosities of the modern traveler. Immediately upon its introduction, INTRIGUE Hotels & Resorts draws from Interstate’s decades of experience operating independent and soft-branded properties across the country and around the world such as: New York, NY, Venice Beach, CA, Boston, MA, and Dublin, Ireland.