Posted December 7, 2017 R-133014
You’re a careful listener who “gets” the client’s event needs at first telling. And for those unsure of their needs, your experience enables skillful guidance known to eclipse expectations. Your reputation and networking efforts make you the “go-to” for event planning. Then, a Catering Sales Manager position with Interstate might just be the go-to opportunity that takes your career to the next level.
As Catering Sales Manager, you will
- Use your knowledge of the hotel’s offerings and the competitive landscape to secure event and group business that meets or exceeds sales and revenue goals.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels, such as social media, outside calls, and telemarketing.
- Capture the client’s vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future bookings.
- Keep management informed of activities through regular reporting.
A four-year college degree is not required; however, more than two years post high school education with one to two years employment in a related position is required. Thorough knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the hospitality industry is expected. You must possess effective verbal and written English communication skills. This position also requires an ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
175 East 10th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101
Telephone (651) 224-5400
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Paul Downtown
208 Room All Suite
At A Glance
Situated in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, the Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown is an elegant all-suite hotel conveniently located near some of the area’s biggest corporations and most popular attractions. The newly renovated, spacious two-room suites provide modern styling and the amenities needed for working, vacationing with family and feeling comfortable.
Stay connected through our 24-hour BusinessLink™ business center and in-room internet access. Unwind in the modern fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor pool. Start your day off right with a full, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast including the famous Embassy Suites omelets. Take the opportunity to relax at the nightly Evening Reception that serves up drinks, snacks and great conversation.
Discover flexible function spaces and conference rooms, including the lush open-air atrium, unique among downtown St. Paul hotels. Let the dedicated event professionals at Embassy Suites create an elegant St. Paul wedding venue or the perfect site for a business meeting.
- Downtown St. Paul hotel near Xcel Energy Center
- Newly renovated two-room St. Paul hotel suites with microwave and refrigerator
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center
- Complimentary Evening Reception & cooked-to-order breakfast in open-air atrium
- St. Paul, Minnesota hotel offering a shuttle within a 5-mile radius (for nominal fee)
- 5,000 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space