Posted January 13, 2018 R-133356
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
236 Room Hotel
Explore northern California from Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown. Our hotel is walking distance from the train station and around the corner from major thoroughfares. Business travelers are minutes from companies and convention centers while families are just miles from shopping on Santana Row or campus tours of Stanford.
What Guests Love:
- A different place: 236 spacious, contemporary guest rooms featuring our signature Hyatt Grand Bed™ and Cozy Corner with sofa-sleeper in our king rooms
- Grab a bite, 24/7: Enjoy the convenience of freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night, including a free hot breakfast with signature breakfast bowls
- Meet and Greet: 7,000 sq ft of recently renovated, flexible meeting space, with on-site catering and technology solutions
- Boost your productivity: Enjoy free Wi-Fi, connect to public computers with free, remote printing, and meet with colleagues at nearby tech hubs
- Heart of downtown San Jose: Walking distance to San Jose McEnry Convention Center, SAP Center, VTA Light Rail and just a short drive to Mineta San Jose International Airport, Levi’s Stadium, and Avaya Stadium