Posted April 13, 2018 R-133357
You’re upbeat around people, happiest in continuous motion, and great at juggling tasks. Now, imagine getting paid for doing what comes naturally to you. Sound good?
As Bartender, you will
- Provide exceptional service to guests by promptly welcoming and courteously serving guests in a can-do fashion, engaging in polite conversation when time allows.
- Be fully informed of beverage and menu offerings, in anticipation of guest needs and to deliver highly attentive service.
- Prepare drinks for cocktail service orders and have a passion for mixology. Maintain a safe, clean environment, which includes managing people with discretion and professionalism and occasionally diffusing difficult situations.
- Ensure the bar and its equipment are clean and fully functional.
One year bartending experience is preferred. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. You must be able to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems. You also must be able to operate bar equipment. Awareness of and compliance with all liquor laws, Interstate guidelines, policies and procedures is required. This position requires continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 36 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
236 Room Hotel
Explore northern California from Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown. Our hotel is walking distance from the train station and around the corner from major thoroughfares. Business travelers are minutes from companies and convention centers while families are just miles from shopping on Santana Row or campus tours of Stanford.
What Guests Love:
- A different place: 236 spacious, contemporary guest rooms featuring our signature Hyatt Grand Bed™ and Cozy Corner with sofa-sleeper in our king rooms
- Grab a bite, 24/7: Enjoy the convenience of freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night, including a free hot breakfast with signature breakfast bowls
- Meet and Greet: 7,000 sq ft of recently renovated, flexible meeting space, with on-site catering and technology solutions
- Boost your productivity: Enjoy free Wi-Fi, connect to public computers with free, remote printing, and meet with colleagues at nearby tech hubs
- Heart of downtown San Jose: Walking distance to San Jose McEnry Convention Center, SAP Center, VTA Light Rail and just a short drive to Mineta San Jose International Airport, Levi’s Stadium, and Avaya Stadium