Posted January 6, 2018 R-134124
This Hotel is soon to be managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
You have a welcoming personality and helpful nature. You’re happiest when you’re juggling tasks and crave a variety of challenges. You have a passion for order and a gift for communicating understandably. Your active learning and listening skills are tuned to high volume. And you want to learn everything there is to know about Human Resources in hospitality. The Human Resources Coordinator position with Interstate may be an excellent opportunity to exercise your talents, hone your skills and increase your understanding of the discipline.
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will
- Provide overall support to the human resources department, enabling smooth operations in a fast-paced environment. Use your multi-tasking talents to assist with associate and management needs during the employment lifecycle.
- Employ your excellent people skills to help with the hiring process and Employee Relations matters.
- Help ensure safety and regulatory compliance by maintaining employment and termination records and logs and regulatory tracking. Administer OSHA, workers comp, unemployment claims, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties.
- Effectively communicate important info to associates, including benefits, and assist with orientation. Ensure that associate bulletin boards are current, interesting, and include safety info.
- Actively participate in the associate review process and administer payroll action changes timely and accurately.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the supplies needed to function smoothly.
An Associate or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related field or equivalent education is helpful, with a minimum one-year hotel or Human Resources-related experience required. The ability to operate a computer and a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. Occasional travel is required for recruitment.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Chicago Marriott Midway
200 Room Hotel
Just two blocks from Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW), our premier hotel takes the stress out of your journey while offering on-site parking and free shuttle service to the Midway terminal and the Orange line El train. Easily travel to Downtown Chicago from the El train to visit top sites including Navy Pier, Millennium Park and McCormick Place. Following an adventure-filled day, make yourself at home in our stylish hotel rooms and suites, featuring contemporary decor, large work desks, luxurious bedding, flat-panel TVs and Wi-Fi access. When it's time to refuel, enjoy a cocktail and bite to eat at Dempsey's, or grab your favorite coffee drink at Starbucks, both located right on site. Stay active when you break a sweat in our fitness center, then cool down with a refreshing dip any day of the year in our indoor pool.