Posted January 9, 2018 R-134182
You’ve always been hyper alert to your surroundings, with an uncanny sense when things aren’t right. This sharp awareness enables you to prevent loss, and sound experience enables you to act with swift confidence, when trouble surfaces. Your manner is composed and professional, whether reporting minor incidents or responding to serious emergencies. Someone with this talent and expertise would have a great opportunity as a Security Officer with Interstate. It could be you.
As Security Officer, you will
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the entire property and everyone in it.
- Seek out and respond to security problems, issues, concerns, and emergency situations to protect the assets and ensure the safety and security of guests and associates.
- Respond without hesitation to emergency alarms and calls for help, determine course of action, and notify appropriate authorities when warranted.
- Patrol property areas, including parking lots, noting unusual circumstances or security concerns, and taking appropriate action.
- Complete various security reports and forms for investigation, action and liability abatement, documenting loss or personal injury of guests or associates.
High school education or equivalent, with two years experience in loss prevention, is required. Current CPR and First Aid Training certificates and TIPS training are required. Effective written and verbal English communication skills are required, with additional language helpful. Complete mobility is required; it may be necessary to carry people or emergency equipment during an emergency.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
1143 New Hampshire Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20037
Telephone (202) 775-0800
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Catering Sales Manager
- Director of Events and Catering
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Event Manager
- Food & Beverage Server
- Group Rooms Coordinator
- Guest Room Attendant
- Guest Service Representative
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Night Auditor
- Restaurant General Manager
- Restaurant Hostess
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Manager - SMERF
- Security Officer
355 Room Hotel
Formally the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, The Wink Hotel invites you to live a little louder, inspire others with your joie de vivre and never, ever compromise. We’re adding a splash of modern style to Washington DC’s Dupont Circle. No matter what brings you to the nation’s capital, we’ll help you get down to business or get up to some serious fun. Moments from funky Adams Morgan, Georgetown shopping and nightlife, the International Spy Museum, the Dupont Underground Art Space and more, The Wink brings you the best of DC in the blink of an eye.