Posted January 12, 2018 R-134271
You enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere where things happen, from staging parties to getting business done. Your role is important to the success of the event, and that matters. Plus, varying schedules for flexibility? Even better. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Server position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Banquet Server, you will
- Understand Banquet Event Orders to safely, efficiently set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- Help Lead Banquet Server set up and break down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Efficiently complete prep and side work to enable focused guest care and maintain an orderly, clean station during events.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Respond promptly, courteously and effectively to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns. Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required, with two years hotel banquet food and beverage experience. You must be of legal age and TIPS trained to serve alcoholic beverages. Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English is required. The ability to accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems is expected. This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Sheraton Orlando North Hotel
390 Room Hotel
The Sheraton Orlando North Hotel is more than a hotel, it's a grand experience. Travelers can stay in the largest hotel in North Orlando, located just 5 miles from downtown Orlando and all of its local attractions. Guests will relax in our guest rooms and enjoy access to the Sheraton Club Lounge or grab a bite to eat at An Tobar, our authentic Irish pub.
Meetings & Events
The perfect place to hold an Orlando meeting with 15,407 square feet of flexible meeting space, which can accommodate up to 900 people.
- 15,407 sq. ft. indoor/ outdoor meeting space
- 7,500-square foot Grand Galaxy ballroom
- 15 event rooms
- 389 guest rooms
- Atrium, and pool area available for private functions