Posted January 12, 2018 R-134411
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise and coordinate the Accounting Operations in the hotel to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting in accordance with policies and procedures, GAAP and federal, state and local laws and regulations. Assist and support the Director of Finance in maintaining control over income, expenses and the assets and liabilities of the hotel.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for the daily operation of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, Taxes and internal controls. May recommend and implement operational changes.
1. Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cashier and Night Audit employees; interview, recommend hiring, train, develop, empower, schedule, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate. (30%)
2. Supervise the daily accounting operations ensuring compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs, GAAP and all federal, state and local laws and regulations. (20%)
3. Analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts and bank statements to ensure financial information is available and accurate. (10%)
4. Prepare financial statements and reports to ensure accurate, timely information is available for management. (10%)
5. Assist in the compilation and preparation of the annual budget, forecasts, taxes and other financial reports to provide support thus ensuring accurate, timely information is available for management and owners. (10%)
6. Train, monitor and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls and information flow throughout the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses. (5%)
7. Resolve problems and ensure maintenance of the accounting systems and equipment to ensure smooth operations. (5%)
8. Analyze and be familiar with tenants, leases and rent reports and ensure hotel is in compliance with hotel leases and management contracts. (2%)
9. Has a fiduciary responsibility to IHR and management. (3%)
10. Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Finance in his/her absence. (3%)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Golden Gateway
496 Room Hotel
San Francisco, California Hotel Near Nob Hill
Holiday Inn® Golden Gateway is a full-service conference hotel in downtown San Francisco centered between Nob Hill, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Heights, an oasis for corporate and leisure travelers offering the "True San Francisco Experience."
Rising 26 stories with 496 guestrooms starting on the 6th floor, each offers outstanding city or bay views.
On-site heated outdoor pool, 24-hour business center and fitness center, guest laundry, dry-cleaning services, R-O-H Bar and Restaurant including room service starting at 5pm. Over 100 restaurants within walking distance as well.
Historic cable cars are located on California Street, just steps from the hotel, providing easy access to Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, Embarcadero, Financial District and Chinatown.
Our conference hotel features more than 18,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space including our two Ballrooms. We can accommodate groups and meetings from 10 to 450 people for business or social events.