Posted January 12, 2018 R-134451
BASIC PURPOSE: Assist Catering Managers in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to catering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Answer incoming telephone calls completing a lead form for all inquiries and assist guest with questions, changes and special requests. Ensure no leads are abandoned and all calls are returned within four hours and requests are communicated to appropriate departments. (40%)
1. Type all banquet event orders and convention resumes with appropriate cover letters by utilizing menu management. (20%)
2. Daily pull of trace cards and files. (7.5%)
3. Type thank you letters and comment cards. (7.5%)
4. Prepare all outgoing correspondence for mailing and file copies. Mail catering and wedding brochures as requested. (10%)
5. Maintain catering filing system according to Interstate SOP's. File contracts and correspondence daily. (10%)
1. Attend sales meetings and take minutes. (3%)
2. Take reservations for special events. (2%)
Knowledge and Skills: Education: 2 years secretarial school or equivalent.
Experience: Previous secretarial experience or hotel experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Typing 60 words per minute with accuracy, computer knowledge (WP & Lotus 1-2-3), excellent communication skills.
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2301 S.E. 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Telephone (954) 525-6666
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Bartender @ Orchids
- Catering Coordinator
- Employee Cafeteria Attendant - Part Time
- Front Desk Agent
- Lead Cook
- Lobby Bartender
- Lobby Lounge Server - Part Time
- Pelican Hostess - Part Time
- Pool Server
- Reservation - Call Center Agent
- Room Attendant
- Social Media Digital Manager - OEM
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
384 Room Hotel
What Makes A Stay Seamless:
- Rooms with views: 384 guestrooms and suites featuring private balconies with spectacular views, contemporary décor and large flat-screen TVs
- Waterfront location: Guests can take a stroll along the waterfront and take advantage of nearby boat rentals, fishing charters, and marina activities
- Diverse dining experiences: Visitors can enjoy five fantastic on-site restaurants, from fine dining to poolside cocktails to waterfront burgers at Pelican Landing
- Memorable meetings: We can host a meeting or special celebration in our 30,000 square feet of event space, with dramatic downtown skyline views
- Easy access to transportation: Located 2 miles from Port Everglades cruise terminal and 3 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport