Houseperson - Housekeeping (Mornings/Afternoons)
Posted November 16, 2019
1000 Boulevard of the Arts
Sarasota, FL 34236
Telephone (941) 953-1234
Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you’re happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything’s in its place. You pitch in to help housekeeping with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. And you love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment. If you’re ready for a change and want to make a difference, consider an opportunity with Interstate, as Houseperson.
As Houseperson, you will
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
- Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
- Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
- Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
Prior housekeeping experience is helpful. The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required. The ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, primarily during the mornings, mid days and early afternoons, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances, including indoor and outdoor climates. Must be able to climb stairs, bend and stoop on a regular basis. Must be able to lift, push and pull a moderate to heavy amount of weight often.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
294 Room Hotel
Travelers can experience our resort-style hotel in Sarasota, FL just minutes from the spectacular white-sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. With a dramatic bayside setting and modern amenities, our eco-friendly hotel introduces guests to the very best that Florida has to offer, from natural wonders to unique culinary surprises and cultural discoveries. Guests will find the perfect blend of a beautiful waterfront setting, welcoming service and the comforts of home at Hyatt Regency Sarasota.
Here are just a few of the ways guests can enjoy their stay:
- Rooms with views
- Golf Hyatt golf courses and IMG Golf Academy
- A variety of water sports, including kayaking, paddle boarding and paddle boating
- Lagoon-style pool and 24-hour StayFit™ Gym
- Innovative culinary experiences
- Flexible event venues, totaling more than 20,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor space