Posted February 13, 2018 R-136092
You’re like magic. You transform empty spaces into settings; and after the event, you make them disappear. You’re happiest juggling at a fast-pace, with a passion to please that equals the need for getting it right. Your sharp eye for detail quickly spots when something’s amiss and when guests have need. A valued team member who smoothly handles the difficult and unexpected, you “get” that your contribution is vital to the event’s success. If you’re up for a challenging, physical role where your relationship skills can develop and shine, consider Interstate’s Banquet Set-Up position.
As Banquet Set-Up, you will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Do your part to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Set Up
- Catering Sales Manager OEM
- Director of Catering Sales
- IT Systems Manager - Hotel / Property
- Marketing Manager OEM
- Purchasing/Receiving Clerk
- Reservations Agent
- Reservations Agent
- Reservations Supervisor
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Manager OEM
- Sous Chef OEM
- Spa Attendant
The Estate Yountville
112 Room Hotel
Splendid Tuscan architecture, palazzo-style décor and acres of olive trees, gardens and Wine Country landscape frame Villagio Inn & Spa. Nestled in the heart of Yountville, surrounded by gorgeous vineyards, we bring the best of Napa Valley’s unofficial culinary capital directly to your doorstep. Sample the numerous Michelin-starred restaurants, bistros and cafés along Washington Street, including Philippe Jeanty's Bistro Jeanty and The French Laundry by Thomas Keller.
Guests can greet the day with our complimentary champagne breakfast. Amply provided with healthy options, baked breads, pastries and fresh juices, it’s the perfect beginning whether your plans include a wine tasting jaunt or nothing more than relaxing by the heated pool. Guests seeking more active pursuits can visit the gym, staffed with personal trainers, play a few sets of tennis or strike up a Bocce game on the vineyard-side court. Be sure to save time to sneak away to Spa Villagio, a peaceful and intimate oasis featuring luxurious treatment rooms and indulgent private spa suites appointed with indoor and outdoor oversized sunken infinity tubs, fireplaces, steam showers and wet bars.