Posted February 13, 2018 R-136316
You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together so they DO. Easy breezy.Then, working as a Class I Engineer with Interstate may be just the right place for you to use your technical knowledge and knack for fixing.
As a Class I Engineer, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean .
- Patrol all areas of the hotel property including outside parking lots. Note, search for, handle and report any unusual circumstances, safety violations, car theft, destruction and/or suspicious or undesirable persons and escort off property, if necessary
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
2401 East Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX 76006
Telephone (817) 640-3322
308 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to the Hilton Arlington hotel located in Arlington, TX near AT&T Stadium. Conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth, TX in Arlington's entertainment and business district and just south of DFW Airport, the Hilton Arlington offers the complete hotel experience. Guests can enjoy a professional sports game nearby, take a dip in our indoor and outdoor heated pool, or host an elegant event.
- 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
- Fitness center and heated indoor/outdoor pool
- 11,000 sq. ft. of event space for DFW area meetings and social functions
- On-site dining at R Bar & Grill
- Hotel specials for Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fans