Posted February 14, 2018 R-136334
This posting is specifically for a Gallery Host role that would work between the hours of 2pm - 11pm. Please do not apply if these hours do not fit your available work schedule.
Prior Hotel experience is a definite plus. *
Checking people in and out. It’s a no brainer, right? Often the first encounter, you understand that your interaction can set the tone for the entire guest experience and potentially impact the entire brand! Your genuine warmth and helpful nature enable you to rise to every occasion, from cheerfully greeting the excited family on a vacation adventure to handling the travel-weary guest’s request with prompt courtesy. As a Front Desk Agent with Interstate, you’ll have many opportunities to brighten someone’s day.
As a Front Desk Agent, you will
- Provide that critical first impression to our guests and have a natural passion for delivering exceptional service.
- Welcome and serve guests in person and over the phone everyday.
- Enjoy solving problems, be comfortable using a computer to check guests in and out, and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and confidently.
FundamentalsTo be successful in this role, you must have excellent English communication skills and be able to read, write and speak fluently. You will regularly use a computer and different software. This position requires continuous movement, and occasionally, you will have to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hyatt Place Washington DC National Mall
214 Room Hotel
Explore the sights, sounds and tastes of Washington DC’s National Mall. Hyatt Place puts guests within walking distance to some of the world’s most famous museums, memorials, landmarks and restaurants. Guests will find our spacious guestrooms and hotel accommodations among the areas most convenient and appealing. Visitors can count on upscale services that satisfy, as well as delicious dining and beverage options from our 24/7 Gallery Menu and our rooftop bar and lounge.
What Guests Love at Our DC Hotel:
- Perfectly placed near the National Mall: Visitors can asily walk to all the must see DC national monuments and memorials, the Smithsonian Museums or even the U.S. Capitol Building
- Free hot daily a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast: We offer freshly prepared breakfastsandwiches, pastries, fresh fruit and more
- Free 24/7 gym with Life Fitness® cardio equipment: Work well and work out in our always-open fitness center. Guests will feel energized and ready to hit the town again.
- Seasonal Rooftop Bar & Lounge: Revel at the view of DC while sipping your favorite cocktail. Our full bar and delicious menu items make a great end to our guests' days.