Posted February 14, 2018 R-136341
You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together so they DO. Easy breezy.Then, working as a Class I Engineer with Interstate may be just the right place for you to use your technical knowledge and knack for fixing.
As a Class I Engineer, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
50 Kingsmill Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Telephone (757) 220-2500
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Server
- Bell Staff
- Executive Sous Chef
- Food/Buffett Runner
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Line Cook
- Lobby Attendant
- Night Room Attendant
- Restaurant Server (AM/PM)
- Room Attendant
- Room Service Attendant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Williamsburg
295 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Williamsburg, the closest hotel to the thrilling Busch Gardens theme park. We offer shuttle service to and from the park (fee applies).
Begin your stay with our delicious warm chocolate chip cookie. Our amenities and services are great for families, events and groups with complimentary WiFi and 37-inch HDTVs. Swim in our indoor and outdoor pools and relax in the poolside courtyard.
Nearby attractions include a world-famous golf course and The College of William & Mary. History buffs enjoy Colonial Williamsburg, historic Jamestown and Yorktown. The hotel offers easy access to dining and shopping at the Premium Outlets.
The hotel offers delicious pub fare and cocktails at Pitchers Lounge. Surf the web and sip coffee at the internet café. We offer a 24-hour fitness center for your convenience.
Our versatile Williamsburg, VA meeting spaces are ideal for your next meeting or social event. Our professional event services managers and an award-winning culinary team ensure your event runs smoothly.
- Closest full-service hotel to Busch Gardens, shuttle to and from the park
- Easy access to Water Country USA, I-64, I-199, airports, businesses and attractions
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, modern 24-hour fitness center
- Three on-site dining options, including a convenient internet café
- 48,000 sq. ft. of meeting space with WiFi, 24-hour business center