Posted February 14, 2018 R-136353
You’re the right hand to the Director of Finance. Your proven financial expertise and insightful business intelligence enable the Director to encapsulate myriad data and articulate clear communications vital to stakeholders and owners, with confident accuracy. As fiduciary guardian, sound preparation, prompt action, and unshakable questioning, is a welcome challenge. Your trusted, competent and highly motivated team, understand what’s at stake, and go the extra mile without skipping a beat. You’re in this together. As an Assistant Director of Finance with Interstate, you’ll have ample opportunity to grow as a leader and make a meaningful impact.
As Assistant Director of Finance, you will
- Use your expertise and insightfulness to ensure smooth accounting operations for the hotel, overseeing Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Income Journal, General Cashiering, taxes and internal controls.
- Skillfully manage a talented staff of accounting professionals by creating an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead an engaged team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Oversee accounting operations for accuracy and compliance. Prepare financial statements and analyze data for accuracy. Analyze and track vendor agreements and reports, to ensure agreement adherence. Assist with annual budget and tax prep, accurate forecast and financial reporting to support leadership, stakeholders and ownership, enabling confident timely action toward financial and business goal achievement.
- Exercise vigilance to ensure clearly defined and effectively communicated financial and cash controls are employed throughout the property, minimizing liability and optimizing owner interests. Be alert to potential issues and proactive to questions, enabling teams to work efficiently and provide accurate, clear reporting.
- Stand in for Director of Finance, when duty calls.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a BA or BS degree, preferably in accounting, with three to four years’ experience in a related position is required. Success in this position requires experience in hotel department operations from Front Office to General Cashier and Credit Management, with additional working knowledge in office management, financial reporting and analysis and accounting practices. The ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and ownership is essential. You will regularly use a computer, business equipment and software.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
The Gallivant Times Square
336 Room Hotel
Our Boutique Hotel
With our central location at 48th and Broadway, The Gallivant Times Square is they ideal basecamp for Manhattan dining, nightlife, theatre, entertainment, and exploration. From the in-room maps, to the location signs in the lobby, every piece of The Gallivant is meant to inspire adventure and New York City discovery.
Whether a business traveler, family planner, or weekend warrior, The Gallivant Times Square has their room covered. From in-room fitness equipment, to bunk beds (yes, actual bunk beds), we have the room any guests will need to feel at home while they roam.
At The Gallivant Times Square, we want every guest to experience the excitement that can only be found through travel and discovery — the kind of excitement that makes New York City so special.