Posted April 14, 2018 R-138309
You have a proven track record of success in hotel management and you want to grow, taking your career to the next level. As a Corporate Taskforce General Manager for Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you know, strengthen as a leader, and much more.
As a Corporate Taskforce General Manager, you will
- Oversee all aspects of operations by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, budget and forecast management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. You have a strong hotel management background and an obvious passion for the hospitality industry. Your passion for service is contagious and you are a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best.
- Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful sales and marketing campaigns, understand dynamic revenue management and can drive profit to the bottom line through strong financial controls.
- Build a rapport with ownership. You partner closely with your owner and work to understand their priorities and exceed their expectations.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English with associates, guests, and ownership. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasionally you will have to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Account Manager, Global Sales Prospecting (NYC based)
- Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
- Category Manager (Indirect)
- Compensation Analyst
- Corporate Area Director, Revenue Management
- Corporate Counsel
- Corporate Regional Director of Human Resources (Arlington, VA)
- Corporate Task Force General Manager (Crossroads Division)
- Director of Sales - Upscale Boutique Hotel
- Director, Compensation
- Executive Assistant
- General Manager - Upscale Extended Stay Hotel
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.