Posted April 14, 2018 R-138299
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES:
- Conduct job analysis and evaluations of all positions for appropriate title, salary grade, incentive plans and FLSA classifications to ensure consistent applications of compensation policies, procedures and programs across all divisions.
- Work closely with internal departments: Payroll, HRIS, IT, Operations and Accounting to ensure integrity of the data records and are administered correctly and timely.
- Develop, write and revise job descriptions; maintain job documentation library ensuring up to date descriptions are on file.
- Assist in the coordination and administration of incentive plans, including plan maintenance & distribution, drafting plan documents and in understanding incentive plan measures.
- Assist in the development of company bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyze union benefit demands. Obtain and prepare cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- Review and analyze HR related data and prepare summary reports and present findings.
- Support HRIS team with the creation and modification of compensation data in workday, including job/position code data. (%)
- Maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and responds to inquiry in accordance with company policy and/or approval from the HR leadership team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: College Degree or equivalent, CEBS, PHR or CBP preferred
Experience: 3 to 5 years or relevant experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic benefits & human resources theory and principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to individuals both verbally and in writing
- Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to navigate various payroll and HR systems
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Account Manager, Global Sales Prospecting (NYC based)
- Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
- Category Manager (Indirect)
- Compensation Analyst
- Corporate Area Director, Revenue Management
- Corporate Counsel
- Corporate Regional Director of Human Resources (Arlington, VA)
- Corporate Task Force General Manager (Crossroads Division)
- Director of Sales - Upscale Boutique Hotel
- Director, Compensation
- Executive Assistant
- General Manager - Upscale Extended Stay Hotel
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.