Posted April 15, 2018 R-138450
Every decision you make impacts hotel profitability. And, your passion for moving the needle is infectious. Your straightforward actions convey, “We’re in this together to win,” and inspire and motivate productive exchanges between Sales, Finance and Operations. Tech savvy and analytically minded, navigating multiple distribution channels is effortless. Your inventive approach leveraging what you know is downright magic: determining critical changes in course, charting strategic direction, and negotiating for maximum yield penetration. Financial goal achievement becomes the norm. As Area Director of Revenue Management and valued business partner with Interstate, you will have the opportunity to do this and more.
As Area Director of Revenue Management, you will
- Direct and oversee all aspects of revenue management. Exercise your analytical, technical, and innovative powers to develop, recommend, and convey winning sales strategies for maximum revenue and yield penetration. Use your technical expertise to oversee Reservations and Sales Management Systems.
- Provide valuable input into and guidance for the Sales team. Lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching.
- Communicate data and trend findings to Sales, Hotel Operations and Catering. Compile, analyze and interpret data and trends. Effectively communicate to fellow departments, enabling spot-on staffing for exceptional guest experience and optimal flow through. Contribute meaningfully in budget development and management and through the Rate Strategy Committee. Present findings and convey ideas with impactful, concise clarity.
- Recommend and take timely action. Keep a pulse on room inventory and rates to effectively alter course. Negotiate transient, group and catering accounts, ensuring the ideal mix of group, transient and catering contribution for maximum room revenue and optimal flow through.
- Challenge the process. Foster an innovative, collaborative environment and channel your technical expertise to continually rethink existing processes, policies and procedures. Engage fellow departments and stakeholders to effect meaningful change.
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required, with previous experience in Sales, Catering, or Reservations essential. Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills are required. Expertise of hotel reservation systems, sales and catering management systems, and property management systems is expected. The ability to operate a computer, business equipment and software is also expected. This position requires full mobility, with periods of standing and sitting.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
700 North King Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Telephone (302) 655-0400
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Area Director of Revenue Management
- Banquet Bartender - On Call
- Banquet Houseperson - Part Time
- Banquet Server - On Call
- Catering Sales Manager
- Engineer II (mid)
- Front Desk Agent
- Night Auditor - Part Time
- Overnight Security Guard - Part Time
- Public Area Attendant - Part Time
- Restaurant Server
- Restaurant Server - Full Time
- Restaurant Supervisor - Part Time
- Room Attendant
- Sales Administrative Assistant
DoubleTree Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
217 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Ideally situated in the heart of downtown Wilmington's legal and financial districts, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District is one block from the Federal Courthouse and Delaware State Superior Courthouse. The hotel offers easy access to I-95, and is situated midway between Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport. Wilmington Amtrak Station (WIL) is five blocks away.
Major corporations headquartered nearby include Met Life, Bank of America, DuPont, JPMorgan Chase, Capital One and Astra Zeneca. Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to and from businesses, restaurants and attractions. Discover the charming atmosphere of the Riverfront, home to great dining and attractions.
Unwind in a comfortable guest room with a range of thoughtful amenities including an ergonomic work space, a refrigerator, and a hot beverage center. Catch up on work in the business center, work out in the fitness center, or swim laps in the indoor heated saline pool.
Metro Cafe and Lounge, located within the hotel, offers a full dining menu for all meals and is a great gathering place for unwinding in the evening. Dedicated Hilton HHonors guest room levels and an exclusive Concierge Lounge are available for all-day beverages and snacks.