Posted April 16, 2018 R-138448
You have a proven record in housekeeping. Your passion for the people on your team and the impact they have on guest care fuels your day. You have a natural way with people and a constructive approach to resolving issues. Your keen attention to detail and knack for juggling ensures a comfortable environment for guests and safety for your productive team. You strive for the most efficient way to complete tasks safely and enjoy sharing what you know. If you’re up for the challenge, Interstate’s Housekeeping Manager position may be a great opportunity for you.
As Housekeeping Manager, you will
- Use your talent for overseeing people and getting things done on time and under budget. Use your knowledge and experience to take preventive measures for the protection and comfort of guests, and the safety and security of associates and the asset.
- Empower, inspire and guide a “can-do” team. Create an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Hire and oversee a diverse team of well-trained housekeepers by modeling the way, by empowering, sharing what you know, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Ensure a comfortable, safe environment. Use your practiced eye to ensure all guest and service areas are cleaned and turndown service delivered. Take action for loss prevention and optimal health and hygiene, to ensure guest comfort and associate safety.
- Optimize scheduling for fluid, efficient operations. Apply your talent for juggling to plan and schedule assignments and manage special requests for exceptional guest experience.
- Keep a pulse on the budget. Actively participate in the budget process and keep a pulse on expenses, including payroll, in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Do your part to elevate the guest experience. Respond to guest requests and concerns, attending to guest needs with prompt courtesy.
One to two years of post high school education, with two to three years of employment related experience is required. Thorough knowledge of the housekeeping field and supervisory skills are required. You must be able to communicate effectively with staff, management and guests, and a second language may be required. The ability to operate a two-way radio, cleaning and general office equipment, including a computer, is expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
The Gallivant Times Square
336 Room Hotel
Our Boutique Hotel
With our central location at 48th and Broadway, The Gallivant Times Square is they ideal basecamp for Manhattan dining, nightlife, theatre, entertainment, and exploration. From the in-room maps, to the location signs in the lobby, every piece of The Gallivant is meant to inspire adventure and New York City discovery.
Whether a business traveler, family planner, or weekend warrior, The Gallivant Times Square has their room covered. From in-room fitness equipment, to bunk beds (yes, actual bunk beds), we have the room any guests will need to feel at home while they roam.
At The Gallivant Times Square, we want every guest to experience the excitement that can only be found through travel and discovery — the kind of excitement that makes New York City so special.