Posted May 16, 2018 R-138440
You’re welcoming by nature and have a knack for remembering details. You’re happiest when juggling tasks and getting it right is important to you. You have a flair for taste tempting, the gift of persuasion, and an aim to please. Your excellent service and genuine care is appreciated, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Interstate’s Restaurant Server position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
As a Lead Restaurant Server, you will
- Deliver prompt, excellent service to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Offer helpful guidance with menu offerings, responding knowledgeably to questions.
- Help with dessert and beverage preparation and ensure all dishes present well and are to order before serving promptly to guests.
- Periodically check in to ensure guest needs are met, then graciously present an accurate check and collect payment at the conclusion of the meal.
- Insure proper delivery of service for all Meeting and Events
- Complete daily check lists, assist in making sure cleaning, dating of product and proper storage standards are being maintained.
- Complete ServeSafe Certification and assist in maintaining all health requirements in the kitchen.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required. One year of server experience is helpful. Successful TIPs training and the ability to use Interstate order and payment systems is expected. This position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds and pushing food carts up to 100 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids
147 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Guests can relax at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, offering a range of thoughtful services for their comfort and support. Conveniently located near Exit 171 on I-95, this Roanoke Rapids hotel is near exciting attractions including Lake Gaston, Medoc Mountain and historic Halifax.
Visitors can savor delicious American cuisine at the Great American Grill®, our hotel restaurant. They can unwind with an evening drink in the warm and welcoming Pavilion Lounge or snack on treats from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store. We offer an indoor pools whirlpool and 24-hour fitness center, featuring modern equipment.
Our hotel is close to several businesses, including KapStone, Reser’s Fine Foods, Hampton Farms, Geenex Solar, CSX Railroad, PCB Piezotronics and Lowe's Distribution Center. Three versatile meeting spaces are available for small- to medium-size events. Any one can hold a conference or banquet for up to 150 guests and relax while expert catering and events staff take care of the details.
- Roanoke Rapids hotel near Lake Gaston, Medoc Mountain
- Great American Grill®, Pavilion Lounge and a 24-hour convenience store
- Guest rooms with complimentary WiFi, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker
- 3 flexible meeting spaces for up to 150 guests
- 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner