Posted May 6, 2018 R-139776
We are excited to announce a new job creation for a Complex Director of Human Resources to oversee the Vintage Estates and Hyatt Regency Somona.
Relating to people with ease is first nature to you. Associates from line level to senior manager seek your counsel because you’re trustworthy, solution-minded, and knowledgeable. You maneuver conflict into problem solving and have a proven record of achieving department and business goals. As Complex Human Resources Director with Interstate, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your expert knowledge and showcase your talents as a respected team and Executive Committee member.
We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned HR Professional with at least five (5) years of prior Hotel HR experience, at a Directors level with complex/multiple oversight. We prefer local candidates who have Independent, luxury hotel experience. A PHR or SPHR is highly desired for this role. Our candidate must also be a true HR Business Partner with the ability to work closely with the GM’s and Executive Committees on planning and executing overall hotel strategy. Heavy employee relations, coaching and recruiting experience. We are also looking for a candidate who is passionate about employee engagement and is committed to ensuring employee satisfaction. Ideal candidate will be hands-on and creative.
As an Complex Human Resources Director, you will
- Manage and attend to daily department operations and participate in total management as an Executive Committee member. Skillfully apply your knowledge to protect employees and the brand. And as a respected member of the Executive Committee, you play an integral role in leadership.
- Ensure sustained healthy retention. Plan and manage all aspects of talent acquisition. You enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. You model the way, by embracing and championing the culture, empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Share your knowledge by educating associates and managers. Employ your love of learning to coach, develop, and celebrate recognition. Educate associates on programs, help managers with Employee Relations matters, and create solutions out of conflict.
- Partner with management and finance. You will develop and monitor the department’s budget. Keep a pulse on the competitors’ compensation and benefits and employee satisfaction to meet and exceed business goals.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus four to five years in a hotel company related position. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. You will regularly use a computer and different software. Occasional travel is required.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
6481 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599
Telephone (707) 944-8877
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Administrative Assistant
- Associate / Assistant Director of Catering
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Set Up
- Bell Staff
- Catering Coordinator
- Complex Director of Human Resources
- Cook III
- Director of Catering Sales
- Engineering II (mid)
- Group Sales Manager OEM
- Marketing Manager OEM
- Massage Therapist
- Overnight Houseman Attendant
- Pastry Cook
- Pool Server
- Purchasing/Receiving Clerk
- Sales Manager OEM
- Sales Manager OEM
- Spa Attendant
The Estate Yountville
112 Room Hotel
Splendid Tuscan architecture, palazzo-style décor and acres of olive trees, gardens and Wine Country landscape frame Villagio Inn & Spa. Nestled in the heart of Yountville, surrounded by gorgeous vineyards, we bring the best of Napa Valley’s unofficial culinary capital directly to your doorstep. Sample the numerous Michelin-starred restaurants, bistros and cafés along Washington Street, including Philippe Jeanty's Bistro Jeanty and The French Laundry by Thomas Keller.
Guests can greet the day with our complimentary champagne breakfast. Amply provided with healthy options, baked breads, pastries and fresh juices, it’s the perfect beginning whether your plans include a wine tasting jaunt or nothing more than relaxing by the heated pool. Guests seeking more active pursuits can visit the gym, staffed with personal trainers, play a few sets of tennis or strike up a Bocce game on the vineyard-side court. Be sure to save time to sneak away to Spa Villagio, a peaceful and intimate oasis featuring luxurious treatment rooms and indulgent private spa suites appointed with indoor and outdoor oversized sunken infinity tubs, fireplaces, steam showers and wet bars.