Posted April 16, 2018 R-140418
A Banquet Manager is the business brain behind the party action. That’s you! While you LOVE a good party, you understand and love even more, the myriad details that ensure smooth operations for your team and pleasant memories for guests. Then, Interstate’s Banquet Manager position may be just the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
As Banquet Manager, you will
- Oversee service operations to ensure guests have the ultimate experience, enabling the brand to shine and your department to beat financial goals.
- Be responsible for full range planning and department daily operations, including budget oversight. Provide input to enhance processes that heighten guest experience and improve financial results.
- Interpret Banquet Event Orders to ensure event details, staffing and menus are clearly communicated and orchestrated to delight guests.
- Keep a pulse on daily Banquet operations, resolving issues quickly for guest and associate safety, leading to an ideal guest experience.
- Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
One to two years of post high school education, with two to three years in a related position. Advanced knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the hospitality profession is required. Effective verbal and written English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. This position occasionally requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hilton Arlington (VA)
209 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Hilton Arlington is centered in the heart of the vibrant Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, VA. Connected to the Ballston Metro Station, Guest have easy and effortless access to Washington DC and the Reagan National Airport. Our hotel is also within walking distance to the Ballston-MU Metro Station, Ballston Common Mall, Kettler Capitals Iceplex, and the National Science Foundation. Enjoy our onsite restaurant and lounge as well as our urban atmosphere.
- Near Metro for easy access to attractions and downtown Washington DC
- Less than 6 miles from Reagan Airport and downtown Washington DC
- In walking distance to Ballston shops, nightlife and more than 60 restaurants
- American fare at Dan & Brad's, a local favorite business-casual restaurant
- 8,000 sq. ft. of Arlington event and meeting space for special events