Posted May 16, 2018 R-140430
Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you’re happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything’s in its place. You pitch in to help housekeeping with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. And you love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment. If you’re ready for a change and want to make a difference, consider an opportunity with Interstate, as Houseperson.
As Houseperson, you will
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
- Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
- Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
- Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
Prior housekeeping experience is helpful. The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required. The ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Weekly schedule varies and includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- On occasion, may be assigned to work at any of the three sister properties (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites), as needed.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
Hampton Inn Anchorage
101 Room Hotel
At A Glance
The award-winning Hampton Inn Anchorage hotel, surrounded by majestic mountains, offers a panoramic view and a quiet retreat in the heart of Anchorage, Alaska. We are conveniently located near Ted Stevens International Airport, with free shuttle service to the airport and downtown Anchorage. Come see why our hotel received a 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
Our lobby's lodge design creates a unique Anchorage ambiance and comfortable seating.
Guests can stay at the Hampton Inn Anchorage and experience all that the area has to offer. They can attend the ceremonial start of the Iditarod and enjoy the Fur Rendezvous Festival. Discover natural wildlife at the Alaska Zoo, or take the kids to the Imaginarium Discovery Center. The Alaska Native Heritage Center provides cultural presentations on the state's indigenous people. Exhibits at the Anchorage Museum showcase Alaska's art and history. Explore the Anchorage coastline along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail or hike Flattop Mountain.
- Close to Ted Stevens International Airport with free shuttle service to the airport and downtown
- Walking distance to great restaurants
- Heated indoor pool
- 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner
- LED HDTVs with premium channels in every room