Posted May 14, 2018 R-141911
This position will be based at either our VA corporate office or our Dallas corporate office!
Every decision you make impacts hotel profitability. And, your passion for moving the needle is infectious. Your straightforward actions convey, “We’re in this together to win,” and inspire and motivate productive exchanges between Sales, Finance and Operations. Tech savvy and analytically minded, navigating multiple distribution channels is effortless. Your inventive approach leveraging what you know is downright magic: determining critical changes in course, charting strategic direction, and negotiating for maximum yield penetration. Financial goal achievement becomes the norm. As Corporate Regional Director of Revenue Management and valued business partner with Interstate, you will have the opportunity to do this and more.
As a Corporate Regional Director of Revenue Management, you will
- Direct and oversee all aspects of revenue management for a portfolio of hotels. Exercise your analytical, technical, and innovative powers to develop, recommend, and convey winning sales strategies for maximum revenue and yield penetration. Use your technical expertise to oversee Reservations and Sales Management Systems.
- Provide valuable input into and guidance for the Sales team. Lead by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching.
- Communicate data and trend findings to Sales, Hotel Operations and Catering. Compile, analyze and interpret data and trends. Effectively communicate to fellow departments, enabling spot-on staffing for exceptional guest experience and optimal flow through. Contribute meaningfully in budget development and management and through the Rate Strategy Committee. Present findings and convey ideas with impactful, concise clarity.
- Recommend and take timely action. Keep a pulse on room inventory and rates to effectively alter course. Negotiate transient, group and catering accounts, ensuring the ideal mix of group, transient and catering contribution for maximum room revenue and optimal flow through.
- Challenge the process. Foster an innovative, collaborative environment and channel your technical expertise to continually rethink existing processes, policies and procedures. Engage fellow departments and stakeholders to effect meaningful change.
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required, with previous experience in Revenue Management is essential. Strong analytical and technical skills required; experience with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc) essential. In-depth understanding of tools- spreadsheets, statistical methods for analyzing data. Working knowledge of CRS, PMS, RMS and Sales and Catering automation systems to take full advantage of revenue opportunities. Forecasting and creative revenue management abilities needed. Yield management skill required to evaluate business trends. Excellent command of both written and verbal communication skills. Ability to identify relevant data and use it to draw inferences in reference to impact on hotels revenues. Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, preparation of business plans, budget forecasting, and long-range planning.
3-5 years of multi-property, multi-market, multi-brand oversight REQUIRED. Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt brand systems knowledge a MUST.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Interstate will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Interstate, or (c) consistent with Interstate’s legal duty to furnish information.
4501 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Current Job OpeningsPrint Flyer
- Analyst, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
- Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
- Category Manager (Indirect)
- Corporate Intern -Training & Talent Development
- Corporate Task Force General Manager (Crossroads Division)
- Director of Sales - Upscale Boutique Hotel
- Executive Assistant
- General Manager - Upscale Extended Stay Hotel
- Purchasing Analyst/Compliance Manager
- Regional Director of Revenue Management
- Senior Analyst, Development & Acquisitions
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Our Experience. Your Success.®
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning more than 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
Interstate, from startup to stardom
From relatively humble beginnings in 1960, Interstate Hotels & Resorts has evolved to become a leader in the hospitality industry. Once the owners of a single property in Erie, Pennsylvania, we’ve expanded internationally and are now recognized as the leading U.S.-based third-party hotel management company. Along the way, we’ve forged partnerships with major brands in the industry and earned a reputation for high-quality, performance based operations.
To be the leading, independent, multinational hotel operator.
To be the leading, independent multinational hotel operator by creating a rewarding work experience for all of our associates, providing exceptional guest service, and generating superior returns for our owners and co-owners.
We didn't just stumble upon our success. Since the beginning, we've believed in delivering excellence by living our core values. It's these values that got us to where we are today and will guide us into the future. If you share these same values you will be a great fit for the Interstate team.
- INTEGRITY: Strive to do the right thing and display honesty and fairness in all words and actions.
- TEAMWORK: Consistently identify opportunities to assist your fellow associates.
- RESPECT: Promote diversity and treat others with mutual trust and respect.
- EXCELLENCE: Make a difference by delivering exceptional service and performing beyond expectations.
- INNOVATION: Constantly create new ideas and improve on ways of doing things.
- COMMUNICATION: Be a leader in your hotel regardless of your position and encourage open communication.
- SERVICE: Be of service to our guests, our communities, and to each other.